Wednesday, October 26, 2011

4month checkup!!!





Can I just say how much I love my family! Truly I am so blessed. My little Ava is the sweetest thing since apple pie. She has so much character and sass and yet is gentle, sweet and thoughtful. So smart, independent and full of charm. I adore these days home with her. It has been awhile since i have posted any photos of my love, so here are a few recent ones. I can't believe she is 29 months old, slow down my little sweet pea.

We have been keeping things quite around our house and doing a lot of crafts and painting, outdoor play etc...(nothing too strenuous) so that I am able to rest and regain my strength for my next surgery. I feel great, just a little tired but its to be expected from everything. Surgery is scheduled for November 9th! 2 weeks! Exciting! I will be done after this, thank goodness.

I had my 4month check up with my oncologist and breast surgeon this week! Prayers answered. My blood work came back completely normal, beautiful in fact. And my ultrasound was clear. Now I can take a deep breath, so blessed. I will see them again for my next check up in 3-6 months and this will continue for years to come. So thankful to have such excellent Doctors who are watching over me so closely.

It's been about 6 months since I have gone Vegan and have been green juicing every day. Best decision I could have ever made. I feel amazing. My Doctors back me up on this being the best thing I could have ever done for myself. So many great benefits, healthy benefits. I feel so cleansed. My husband is doing so good transitioning into the vegan diet. This was strictly his decision and after seeing my results and watching documentaries and reading resources he decided to jump in too. I'm having so much fun in the kitchen and cooking such clean pure foods. So many delicious recipes!! You can go to my side bar and click on the vegan food blogs that I enjoy (Oh she glow, Peas and thank you, Vegan Yum Yum, Vegan Lunch box, Gluten free Goddess) He has also given up soda and now is drinking mostly water. So proud of him! A plant based diet along with exercise is proven to prevent and can even reverse cardiac disease, diabetes, preventing and recurrences of cancer, and many other diseases. Enough said.

I love this time of year, it is my absolute favorite. Everything about fall warms my heart. In fact I am about to make a batch of homemade pumpkin butter in my crock pot. Just imagine what my house is going to smell like in a few hours! YUM!

Enjoy the week! Take time with your family and the ones you love!

Jen

No comments: