Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blessed.

It's Monday morning, June 13th, 2011. 4:30am, a new day. I woke up and I have no fear and am calm looking straight into the storm. God has answered my prayers and has given me strength, courage, and peace. Gods Words always know how to comfort us in the right place and time. This was my morning bible verse, Exodus 14:13-14 13 But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. And that is exactly what I did.

Gives you goose bumps, huh? Pretty amazing. My family gathered with me at the surgery center and said a prayer over me before I went back for prep. I was walked back to the operating room and my surgeon met me at the door with her kind eyes and I was helped to the table. NO FEAR. I felt so calm. My Doctor took my hand and remained eye contact with me as the anesthetist began to apply the gas to me and IV meds to put me asleep. Surgery Successful. And then I woke up....and I was new. Blessed.

I can honestly say I have never felt so alive and happy. So thankful! My Doctor came to see me early the next morning and I will never forget these words, "You can now call yourself cancer free!" I AM A SURVIVOR. I KICKED SOME MAJOR CANCER BOOTIE and will continue to fight for the rest of my life ;) Praise JESUS!!! I still have radiation treatment and will start in a few weeks and this will last 8-9 weeks. This is to eliminate and kill any remaining cells on my chest wall. I will have another PET/MRI scan after my radiation treatments to officially confirm that I am cancer free. Please pray as I continue treatments and recovery.

I'm doing really good and each day I get a little stronger! I have the most amazing support of family and friends helping us out this week. Thank you! Thank you Mom and Terry for taking care of our little angel and Thank you Mom for taking care of me. Your an amazing MOM!! And to my sweet loving husband, THANK YOU for being a strong man of God and loving me fully and for... holding my hand, wiping the tears, dressing me, bathing me, changing dressings, and for telling me how beautiful how I am every chance you get. Thank You. God truly knew what he was doing when he sent you to me. (tear)
We have been blessed with some amazing people in our lives! From friends bringing us food all week long to sweet cards, texts, phone calls and visits...Thank you, I love you all. Thank you for the continuous prayers!

I will follow up with my surgeon on Tuesday for my post operative appointment! Big Day! For one, I will get these drain tubes out :) Halleluiah! and two, I will get to truly see my incisions and chest for the first time :) and yes, Everything is going to be alright :)
I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Father's Day!
Much love to you all!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations! You are seriously amazing. Prayers answered!

Sanchie said...

How strong you are, my sweet Niece. God is good.
You do have a good Mom and good Terry and great Husband!
Aunt Sandra