Monday, April 18, 2011

UPDATE!!!

EXCITING NEWS!!! I saw the Dr today and had chemo and he told me that I only had 6 more weeks of Chemo!!! Can I get a "WHOOP WHOOP!" Yes, I was mistaken apparently. Since I have been going every week without a break that took 6 weeks off my initial plan so 6 weeks it is!!!!!
So May 23 is my last day of Chemo and then I will have my bilateral mastectomy surgery 2-3 weeks after Chemo. This is a pretty big surgery and the Dr said that I will be recovering for about 8 weeks. I will start radiation everyday for 7 weeks following my surgery.

I'm not going to lie, I'm most nervous about my surgery coming up :o It's not the pain I'm nervous about after the procedure, it's the actual surgery itself. Being a nurse makes it worse because I know exactly whats involved and I don't have any control on this situation. I will be put under General anesthesia, intubated during surgery, and the idea of sharp scalpels and both of my breast being removed is a little scary. BUT I know that God will guide their hands and keep me safe from harm. Please pray that as I face the next phase of my treatment and surgery that I will place all of my worries and fears to God and that He will provide me courage and peace. Trusting in him.
I'm soooo excited about the surgery because I know that I will be cancer free afterwards but I believe that the surgery is going to be the toughest challenge for me, physically and emotionally. With God I will push through this and be stronger than I have ever been ;) I am so blessed!
I am so excited to run with all of my family and friends at the Susan G Koman race for the cure in September in Tulsa!!
Love you all! I hope the update brought a smile to you all!

Jen

3 comments:

Breanne said...

woo hoo!!! such great news!

Rebecca Jo said...

Awesome!!!!

Praying for that surgery - calm nerves for you... & the life that goes on CANCER FREE afterwards! Praise the Lord!!!!

Becky said...

Jen, that is such good news!!! what a joy to know that there is an end in sight to the chemo. The surgery is hard and I will be praying for you as you lead up to it, that all will go well and God will ease your anxieties.