Friday, April 1, 2011

He is faithful...

I grow stronger every day, within each moment during this tough trial of mine...I shine, I rise against my fear. Because of Him, our God provides me the strength, hope and life in his words. Together we are fighting and winning. Cancer WILL NOT take me.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Are you ready for the news??? I had a MRI and PET scan this week and prayers are being answered. My Dr called me this week and said, "It's amazing. The tumor is no longer in your breast. GONE. And the mass (of lymph nodes where the cancer spread to my underarm) has shrunk to 1.5cm!!!!!!!! It started out at 5cm!!!!!!!!" AMAZING, PRAISE GOD, HALLELUJAH.

This was the most overwhelming feeling EVER. EVER! indescribable. My sister was on hold on the other line and it that moment when I switched over to tell her the news I just cried and cried. In that moment I felt so happy, so full of life and energy and could only thank God over and over. He is faithful. We are fighting strong and winning.

I know my journey has still just begun but I am stronger today than yesterday and I trust the plans that our Lord has for me.

My PET scan came back clear as well which means it has not spread to any other part of my body! We will continue chemo treatments weekly and attack aggressively until the mass is as small as we can get it or it's I PRAY GONE. Then I will have surgery followed with 7 weeks of everyday radiation. YAY!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and continues to pray. I love you all!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Wonderful, Wonderful new- god does heal. Praying daily for you Jen. Love you!

Breanne said...

oh my word..tears in my eyes! this is such incredible news! love you!!

Becky said...

Jennifer,
that is such good news!! I remember well having those scans and hearing that the chemo was working to shrink the tumor. It so helps make those yucky days feel worth it.
Continuing to think about you and pray for you.

Becky
(from Young Survivor Meeting)