Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Taking one day at a time

Rough week here in the Blankenship household but we are taking one day at a time and pressing forward, knowing that this too shall pass. Monday I proceeded with my 7th week of Chemo, cycle 3. and the same day Ava was diagnosed with RSV. Luckily I caught in early and it wasn't life threatening and she was sent home from the Dr's office with breathing treatments and streroids treatments. Again she is having to stay with my mom this week due to the fact that she is now highly contagious and running a fever and also due to the fact that my neutrophil levels are down again, luckily just a point off from me being able to still get treatment BUT after yesterday since I received the big two meds my neutrophils will drop at neutropenic level making my health at risk to be around my sweet sweet baby. I will get a shot, neupogen, on Friday to help with the increase of my neutrophils and will then get weekly shots before each treatment to keep me leveled out. My Dr also has Decreased the strength of my strongest chemo Med, Carbo. It has been the cause of my neutrophils dropping so frequently. This should help tremendously! I'm doing well this week, just a little tired! Taking one day at a time!

The hardest part of this week has been not being able to take care of my daughter when she is sick. It breaks my heart and I have shed some serious tears over it...also know that I have to go another 7-8 days without seeing her. I just got her back for a week from me being on neutropenic precautions for a week. I MUST BE STRONG and I MUST REMEMBER that I have to take care of myself so that I can be there for her in the future. My health is most critical during these times and I cannot forget that. Ava needs me to stay healthy and strong AND THAT is what I will do.
I am so fortunate to have the most amazing mother and stepfather here to help us out as much as they do! Without notice or questions they are here for us anytime for unconditional support. They love Ava so much and I could not ask for anyone better to care and love on her when I am not able to during this time. Thank You Nana and Pop Pop! We are so blessed and thankful to have you in our lives. Have a blessed week everyone! Much love to you all! Everyday is a gift, never forget this :)

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm really sorry that all of this seems to pile up at once. Praying for you all!

Toni said...

So proud of you Jen- you and Ava will be back together soon. You need to take care of you first like you said. Think about all the hugs and kisses you will get when she comes home. :-) Hang in there- So many people are praying for you and love you.

Lane said...

Hang in there girl! You will see her soon! :) like you said...take care of you first! Still praying for you over here in nwa! :)