Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new week!



Our Baby is back home :) and she in on the way back to recovery from RSV. She went to see the Dr last friday and she is doing well! She is now just with a cold and an ear infection. We are continuing her breathing treatments due to the residual cough from RSV that can expect to last up to 21 days but she is back to her old cutie patootie self. My how she is growing! She is the sweetest little girl and has so much personality....sooooo much fun!

I had Chemo yesterday and my blood levels are doing great! Hallelujah. I am receiving weekly shots of Neupogen and Aranesp which will help my neutrophil levels( my first fight against defense) and hemoglobin/hematocrit (red blood cells, the shot will help me from becoming anemic and really fatigued and keep those cells up). Good stuff! My platelet levels are doing well and are in the 240,000 range, which is normal.

After visiting with my Dr yesterday we are back on our aggressive treatment again. Since we have added these weekly shots and have had good results with them we are pressing forward with weekly treatments again until my body says it needs a break. Also the fact that I'm doing exceptionally well so far, by the grace of God, and my side effects have been minimal so far with the chemo. So that is why he decided to get back on aggressive treatment, and I am totally on board! Being a competitive person, I want to do everything possible to beat this and FIGHT TOUGH. I can handle this. Please Pray that God provides me strength, emotionally and physically during these treatments. Thank you!
I will see my breast Dr on Monday after Chemo and at that time she will ultrasound the tumors and see how much they have shrunk. Very exciting!

I get to go riding again tomorrow at the stables! Such a treat! I feel much better today and not as fatigued after receiving the aranesp shot so it will be nice to be able to go enjoy something that I absolutely love to do without being completely exhausted :) :) :)
One day it is a dream of mine to be able to ride every day if I want and on my own horse! One day!

Thank you all for the prayers! God is doing amazing things!

Much love,

Jen

4 comments:

Emily said...

So glad to hear that Ms Ava is doing better and back with you!!! I can't believe she will be 2 in a few short months!!! I'm so proud of you. You are such an inspiration. Still thinking and praying for you, and hopefully will get to see you soon! My aunt is moving to ARkansas, and will be staying w/ me for awhile, so I may be a little busy :( but I will come see you as soon as I can! Stay strong! God is doing great things through you!

mohan37 said...

Praying for your recovery Jen. Keep fighting!

mrw2403 said...

hey there Jennifer. i came to your blog by way of word through the Grace Mob on facebook. You are in my prayers. You are loved. It was great to see your smile on that one picture in your blog. Despite your loss of hair, you remain joyful. keep that up!

Ashley said...

You are SO strong! Praying for you! You are such an inspiration!