Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Delight.

I have found comfort in this verse today, and everyday.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I know that I have been called for his purpose, to serve him. How thankful and blessed I am to have my eyes wide open upon him. My heart inlined with his.

A friend sent this verse to me and I keep it close to my heart along with many others.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend! Ours was filled with whole wheat pancakes and strawberries, a trip to the whole foods store (exciting!!! no seriously, love this grocery store), cleaning, playing and MORE playing with Ava, snow shoveling (ok...so I didn't partake in this activity but my strong husband did an excellent job), LifeChurch, movies, naps, filing taxes, and we will top it off by having dinner with my parents tonight. Delight.

Wanted to share the most awesome NEWS of today! My sister Suzy was baptized during her church service today! I am so proud of her!!! I love you Sis, I look up to you in every way! Your faith is amazing.
Much love to you all, Think pink!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that verse in Romans and it is one that comes to my mind often. I hope you are having a great week and I pray your body is staying strong through the treatments. :)