Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quarantined.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE."

One of my favorite verses. This past week has been challenging for me on a different level. emotionally. I know it's just a natural part of my healing process and that it's important for me to except each feeling in the moment, pull myself together and power forward. And that is what I am doing. I cannot say enough how blessed I am to have such loving family here to support me and lift me up when I need it. My husband is the most compassionate and loving man and god is so gracious to have put him in my life. He has been strong, understanding, patient and so positive through our journey. I'm blessed to have a little girl that loves life as much as she does. She is surrounded by a blanket of love everyday and she gives just as much back.

My heart aches this week for Ava, she is staying all week and weekend with Nana and Poppy because she is sick. I am on neutropenic precautions (my neutrophils, which are our first line of defense against infection, are pretty low.) which means I must hang low in my house for about a week, avoid sickness, wear a mask when leaving the house, avoid large crowds. If I were to get sick, this can be dangerous, even fatal during Chemo. My body has no fighting mechanism when my neutrophils are low. Not to be taken lightly. To fight strong I have to protect myself! But my heart aches for my little sweet pea.
I'm resting a lot this week, very important. I feel tired, and have a constant headache, and my body is ache. But I'm strong, and I'm powering forward. I'm Thankful. blessed.

I'm hitting a milestone soon, the big 30 just a week or so away!! We were going to have a family celebration this weekend but now since I'm quarantined :) in my house we are postponing for a later date. Was so looking forward to being with all of my sisters and family :(
I have Chemo on Monday but I'm hoping that I will feel good on Tuesday to celebrate a little.

I hope everyone is enjoying this week and God bless!

Jen

No comments: