Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My story.

Our Faith isn't tested in the good times because it's easy to keep faith when life is flowing just how we planned. Our faith is tested during times of trials, challenges and when we meet our darkest, loneliest hour....that is when true faith warriors are born. I will be born a faith warrior, Here is my whirlwind of a story from the past week.

January 6th 20011
: found a "golf ball" size mass under my right axillary (underarm) while in the shower. This was a complete shocker. I do self breast exams monthly and had just had my well woman visit 3 weeks prior from this date and everything was normal...no mass...normal tissue.
January 7th: Went to my primary care physician and she didn't like the feel of this mass and stated my breast tissue felt completely different than 3 weeks ago. Scheduled a CT guided biopsy for the next week. GREAT...now I had the entire weekend to "NOT THINK ABOUT IT".
January 10th: CT Guided Biopsy....ouch!
waiting waiting
waiting waiting...still no results....
January 12th: I had an appointment to meet with one of the best breast surgeons in Tulsa...I was anticipating that she would have my biopsy results. I was the last appointment of the day 6:00. My Dr came in and gently broke the news."You have breast cancer." I will never forget that day. Ever. Life changing, eye opening. My world stopped with those 4 words. Flashes of my daughter, my husband, my family, friends raced across my mind. And then I had a peace come over me, a strength from within. I knew God was in that room right there with me. From that moment on I knew everything was going to be all right. I will beat this...born faith warrior.
January 14th: BO is home with us finally! He was gone for a business trip at salt lake city,Utah. What a blessing he is to me. He is so strong. Amazing supportive husband. I started my day off with lab work, meeting my oncologist, and having a MRI, PET scan, and mammogram. PRAYER is POWERFUL....my pet scan results showed that my cancer has not spread to any other part of my body. God is good!
My cancer has spread to my right axillary(underarm) lymph node but we already knew that. That is the mass I felt in the shower. The actually tumor size in my right breast is only 1.5-2 cm.
Nothing changes here. Fact: I have breast cancer. It has spread to my right axillary lymph node. AND NOWHERE ELSE. AMEN.
January 17: Surgery day!!!!! Today I got my port placed on my left chest right under my collar bone. This is where they will give me my chemotherapy medicines intravenously through the port. One step closer to kicking this cancer in the booty. I was exhausted from all of the meds they gave me during surgery that I slept the rest of the day and night away. I needed a nice sleep vacay :)
January 18: I have been so excited about today! CHEMOTHERAPY starts!!! We are officially attacking and killing cancer cells! My nurses were amazing! My husband sat right by my side, such a comfort. my sister bought a library of books for me to cozy up to during these long 3 hour chemo sessions. And plus, I have netflix on my Iphone! movie time! my family is amazing. I have never been so completely overwhelmed with such love, support, and prayer. I am at peace.
January 19th: I feel pretty good today! My port is still extremely sore. I've had on/off nausea all day long but my medicine has kept it under control. Nutrition and exercise are some key components in fighting cancer. Since I was diagnosed and after some research I have the attitude "Eat to live". literally...it's so healthy. My mind set is so strong and focused that I would do anything right now and forever to stay healthy and cancer free. I will begin a focused exercise regimen when my port heals in about a week. Here is the plan: chemo for 6 months and then surgery. Prayers that the chemo completely kills all of the cancer spreading cells to my right underarm and kills and shrinks the tumor to none. It's possible and that is what we are praying for. I have chosen to have bilateral mastectomy either way. I don't play nice with cancer or take risk that it might come back. I'd rather live than have my Ta- Ta's. Hands down.

Life changing, eye opening, world stopping events...when your faith is tested, challenged...a faith warrior is born. Prayer is powerful. God is the healer of all things.

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.


This blog is not a diary. You will not read my deepest darkest feelings here...those are for me only. This is an uplifting, encouraging, supportive blog for my family and friends to follow along with me and my family during this FIGHT and WIN against Breast Cancer. Love you all and thank you for prayers. And remember, THINK PINK!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Jen. My prayers are with you. I believe you can BEAT this girl!

Suzy and Dustin said...

That's right Jennifer! You are a Faith Warrior--and we are your army! We are so proud of you. YOU WILL BEAT THIS! God has His hand on you and is protecting you. Keep your eyes on Him. I love you! Suzy

Brandon said...

Praying for you guys. Keep up the fight!

Jennifer said...

Hey Jen, I don't really know you that well (I am B-Lowe's wife), but I just wanted to tell you that you are in our thoughts and prayers! Fight hard, girl!

Emily said...

Sweet Jen! You are so strong. I know the Lord will not leave or forsake you.I pray you are still feeling ok. I am so proud of you. You are showing so much courage! THanks for sharing your story. I am here for you always. Praying for you all the time! LOVE, Emily

Sanchie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this journey of yours with the many family and friends of yours who are so proud of the courageous fight that you are giving this cancer! God does truly have His Hand on you and your family. Faith Warrior Jennifer you are inspiring!
My prayers are coming your way.
I love you.

Sanchie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this journey of yours with the many family and friends of yours who are so proud of the courageous fight that you are giving this cancer! God does truly have His Hand on you and your family. Faith Warrior Jennifer you are inspiring!
My prayers are coming your way.
I love you.

Cathy Morris said...

You are a strong woman and God will get you through this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything specific you need prayer for. I admire you for focusing on God during this time and putting your faith in Him to do His will. Hang in there!

Momma C said...

Kiss ass, Jen!

Jen said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Love you all!

Lane said...

Oh my word!!! I had no idea!! I haven't been on blogs in like a month and just clicked on yours tonight just to see what's been going on and found this. You better believe you're going to beat this, especially with all the prayers that are going to be going up in your behalf! I am so encouraged my your spirit!! God is all healing! My favorite scripture is this: "...If you BELIEVE, you will get anything you ask for in prayer." Matt 21:21-22. And it's totally clear that you believe!!! I also find encouragement in this,"...When a believing person prays, great things happen." James 5:16 Praying over here for you girl!! Keep us updated! :)

jamie said...

thinking about you!