Saturday, December 4, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that


Ava has been SICK SICK SICK the last week. Notice the pacifier. Note that she has not used a pacifier since she was 13 months old...she has been feeling THAT bad. My mom suggested that we offer it to her for comfort while she is sick and it has helped. First of all she has 4 molars coming in at the same time...ouch. My entire body hurts thinking about it...second she has Roseola. A virus that starts with a fever, irritability, fatigue, decreased appetite and just feeling miserable. The fever eventually goes away after a 3 days but then a full body rash appears....FUN. The fatigue, irritability continues and now along with a itchy rash. Hello Benadryl. She did not eat for 3 days or drink for 2...she completely refused. We have been to the ER one, the Dr. office twice in the past two weeks. I am VERY HAPPY to say that today she is drinking adequate fluids and is eating ....HALLELUJAH! Even though she has regained her appetite, she is still fatigued and ill from the virus. The rash will remain up to 10 days. Bless her sweet little heart...love her so much.
We put our christmas tree up this week! The picture does not show it's true glory! I love the early mornings and the evenings when I can have it lit and curl up on the couch with a cup of spice tea! This is truly my favorite time of year. So blessed.


2 comments:

Emily said...

Poor little girl! Hopefully she's on the mend, and will be her adorable, playful self soon. She is so beautiful, and getting so big! Love your tree. There is something magical about this time of year. I miss you, and hope you guys are doing great beside Ava being sick. Emily

Suzy and Dustin said...

Oh my little precious cutie! I am glad she is feeling better! I love your tree Jen! It looks so prettay!