Friday, March 19, 2010

9 month update

Ava had her 9 month Dr.'s appt yesterday ( 3 weeks late...she will be 10 months next week)
Here is her update!
-Weight: 23lb
-Height: 29inch, TALL like her momma

-She's very curious! Examines Everything, touches everything, shakes everything ( she loves the sound objects make)...and of course tries everything out for a taste!
-she is close to saying mama as her first word! I love her little voice! Bo and I decided it's our favorite sound in the world....so innocent, shy and sweet.
-She is a very good eater! Not picky at all! I'm still puree' up veggies and fruit for her but in the last month have introduced vanilla yogurt, pasta, cheese, chicken, beef, and fish (meat is so easy to puree by the way). SHE LOVES IT ALL. In the past few weeks, depending on what we are eating I will just puree a small portion of our dinner and feed it to her. She has done well! I have just made made her meals more chunky in texture since she's older and some things, like veggies/fruits that can mash in her gums I will just cut into tiny pieces so she can finger feed herself. Typically she will end up playing with it instead of eating it :)
-She eats three meals a day with a 7oz bottle and a snack (veggie rice cake) in the afternoon.
-She still takes 2 naps a day. mid morning nap and mid afternoon nap. They last about 1 1/2 hours.
-Bedtime is 7-7:30 ROUTINE. She goes down pretty good without a fuss. Is for the most part sleeping through the night until 7-8am. occasionally she will wake up around 3-4 am and need to be soothed back to sleep.
-Still NO TEETH. I think we are getting close though.
-She still doesn't "crawl" per say but she gets around in her own little way...she reminds me of a little gymnast. The idea is she can get from point A to point B with no problem.
-She pulled up for the first time last week in her crib and twice! YOU GO GIRL! She was so proud of her self! All smiles and just a giggling! She was supposed to be napping and I heard some banging in her room so I went to check it out to make sure she hadn't broke out of her crib and there she was standing so proud and tall at the side of her crib! Priceless moment!
-Loves music, the outdoors, dogs, bath time, puppets, anything that shakes and make noises :), going on walks in her stroller, swinging, giving kisses, daddy tickling her and playing airplane, disney movies, baby Einstein, her shoes, when mama reads to her (her favorite is still, Goodnight Moon), mama/daddy's phone (she's obsessed) especially when we are talking on it. I always have to put in on speaker so she can listen too.
-She has started to have stranger anxiety. It takes her awhile to warm up to anyone new.
-She will get upset when you come home from being at work all day and don't pick her up right away to give hugs and kisses. BUT Bo and I both work at the hospital so it's a rule in our house to shower before anything or anyone gets touched. GERMS GERMS GERMS. Breaks your heart every time though.
-She is very good natured, happy and really the easiest and most laid back baby ever, very blessed. She is so much fun and has made our life complete! I can't believe her ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY is just right around the corner....my baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Trey and Kelly said...

Bo and Jen....

I swear I'm such a boob. I cry every time I look at your blog!! Ava is such a beautiful baby!! I love looking at all the pictures you post and reading her updates!