Friday, May 8, 2009

Ready to put my running shoes back on....

I've never been so excited about getting back to the gym! It's been so odd seeing my body going from top shape to...well, pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think pregnancy is beautiful but I'm at my end stretch and it's not so glamorous anymore. I'm not the kind of person to just sit around and do nothing...I LOVE activity! Pregnancy has taken a number on this body and lets just say has slowed me down quite a bit. It's so hard to just switch positions, do housework or just take a trip to walmart without feeling like I have been hit by a truck...seriously. Ugh.

During my first trimester I was so sick that even thinking about working out would make me turn shades of green. Second trimester rolled around and I had more energy and hit the gym as often as I could. Working 12 hour shifts as a nurse wore me out and exercising became not as routine as I would have liked. It seemed like I was spending my days off from work just regaining my energy and then it was time to hit the long hours again. Phewww. Don't miss that.

And finally third trimester rolled around and I've had to limit myself and workouts to slow walks around the park with my husband. It takes everything out of me...crazy.

So you can say that I am very anxious to get back into my regular workout routine and start feeling like my old self again. Slowly though...these 40lbs (or more..cough, cough) that I have gained are weighing me down and I am motivated to get back. I CAN DO IT!

No comments: