Saturday, May 2, 2009

Putting it all together....the rest of Miss Ava's Room

These are not the greatest quality of pictures but at least you can get the idea of what the nursery looks like! The only thing that is not in these pictures is the rocking chair but I have already posted a picture on the blog with the rocker in it. I love simplicity and things being clean, neat, and organized. I wish I could have painted the walls but since we rent it is out of the question. Maybe when we move in December and buy our first house (YAY!!!) I'll be able to put more personality into her room and just have fun with it. But I love her little room and I think she will love it too! I'm still hunting for a soft, shaggy light pink rug to accent the hard wood floors but I haven't found anything that I like yet so I'm still looking.

The little pink tutu hanging on the wall is a gift from my Mom to Ava...so cute! I can't wait to see her in it and get her pictures taken! I thought it looked cute hanging on the wall just to add something different. All of our maternity pictures that you see were done by my amazingly talented friend and photographer, Anne Camille Collins. She is brilliant!
Now I'm just trying to tie all loose ends up and get creative with storage. I love for everything to have it's own place...it creates a less chaotic space and you can always know where to find what your looking for. I have A LOT of baby blankets and stuffed animals for Ava so as of now I'm trying to find storage for all of these goods. I might sound weird but I hate for things just to be randomly placed so I'm sure that since my storage capacity is very limited I'll have to just pack them up and place them in a closet for now until we get a bigger place. Our little girl is ready to come into this world and her room is ready! HOORAY!


1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE your nursery! I am so excited for you, so close!!!! I hope you are feeling better, sorry about the poison oak! Talk to you soon!