Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bowl of goodness....

Whenever I was a child and got sick, my mother always fixed me homemade potato soup with saltine crackers and 7up. Yum! I to this day still love this comfort food and fix it anytime Bo and I are feeling ill. Well, unfortunately Bo and I have been sick for the last few days with a cold BUT it has given me good reason to make this yummy, feel good meal. It's so simple to make and you normally will have left overs for the next day or two so you don't have to worry about cooking while you feel like death run over. I thought that I would share this potato soup recipe just in case the next time you need some comfort when your feeling low...

In a large pot combine:

5 peeled and cut baking potatoes
4 cans of chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to your desire

Boil these items on medium heat until potatoes are soft (normally about 30 minutes)
Use a large spoon or masher to mash down the potatoes in the soup to your liking ( I like a combination of mashed and lumpy potato)
Add a dash of milk, stir and ENJOY! Don't forget the saltine crackers and 7up! Yum.


So easy, right! Thanks Mom!

No comments: