Monday, September 8, 2008

I DID IT!!!



Last Saturday I joined my other classmates as we came together on stage to be "pinned" and become graduate nurses!! I'm am now officially a RN! It was a perfect day joined by family and friends in celebration of our accomplishment and the journey ahead of us as we go out in to the world to make a difference. I'm finally at home with my husband and it seems almost surreal! I keep thinking that I'll be leaving to go back to school in a few days but I'M HOME FOR GOOD. I feel at peace again. We made it through the most challenging obstacle and have come out stronger than ever. He's an amazing man, and I am so lucky call him my husband, my best friend.

Although It was a perfect day, and I got to come home to Bo...it was also bittersweet because I am leaving some very good friends. Over the past 15 months in school we have spent every waking minute together or what it felt like. We were together through the ups and downs and helped each other get through this challenging experience. These friends always knew how to lift up and encourage one another and at the end of a long tiring day was somehow able to bring out uncontrollable laughter and endless smiles. I'll miss you and you'll always be in my heart.

Other BIG news that I haven't talked about is my job! I am working on the Cardiac Care unit at the hospital here in Rolla! Cardiac and critical care is my passion so this is a very exciting start in my profession! I will start at the end of September...Wish me luck!! These are a few unedited pics (sorry about the red eye) from the pinning ceremony and my yummy celebration cake afterwards!

No comments: